Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pulpit politics


Earlier  this week Pastor James David Manning gave a sermon to his congregation, calling Barrack Obama trash. The Rev. James David Manning is quoted with saying " Obama is a Mac Daddy. Obama pimps white women and black women. He got started, you didn't notice him until he brought out those big-chested white women with their tight t-shirts and their short pants. That's what a pimp does. Oh, come on. You don't get your campaign started with a big-chested white woman. She must be a 54D, double D. I haven't trashed him. I haven't trashed Obama."
He continued with this," His African in heat father went a-whoring after white women. He was born trash, I said he was born trash. I didn't trash him. I'm speaking the truth about him. Now, once again, I'm a diplomat, I'm not a compromiser. I've got the word in my mouth. I said I've got the word of god in my mouth, and God's not afraid of Obama or anybody else."
When and where does it stop. I'm not voting for Obama, but I wouldn't go as far to say "he was born of trash." The Pastor Manning is wrong for this sermon. As a Black man that is multiracial, I don't like Manning's comments. I don't feel as if my biological father went whoring, and after a trashy white woman. For a matter of fact I'm proud of my multi racial heritage.
In my opinion Manning is just another so called Black leader looking for a way to get his media time, and he found it. With this new media attention how much money is he going to make from it? I hope none. I'm not sure how anyone could have sat and listened to this sermon and believed it. Manning has the right to his opinion but his words of hatred are no better the Wright's words of hatred against America. We as American have to ask ourselves when is it enough. Pulpit politics, has to end.  
I did some research and went to Manning's website Atlah.org. He has a section that is  called " The report on false prophets." It's a list of pastors and Evangelist that Pastor Manning deems as False Prophets. Check it out.

No comments: